Animal Feed Trucks & Bulk Blowers
Priden is the leading UK supplier of blowing equipment to the animal feed sector. Our knowledge in this sector is unrivalled and is a result of our decades of working solely in this field serving all of the major fleet operators.
Two of our founders: Les Walker and Ivan Moden were the leading experts in the industry and they designed and created the the revolutionary self-loading bulk-blowing system which is still used today.
Bulk-blowing systems still remain at the heart of everything we do, but our core objective is to now provide a complete one-stop shop of services for operators working in the animal feed industry. We offer a full choice of blower truck equipment, bulk blower bodies and full torque power take off systems.
Our aluminium bulk blower is based on design principles which have been constantly improved over many decades. The monocoque design achieves optimum weight to strength ratio, satisfying any demands for maximum payload and longevity.
Priden bulk blower truck bodywork is available in pressed form and smoothsider. Our team of engineers and designers can work with you from concept through to completion, guiding you on the right choice of vehicle specification based on your working needs.
We are confident that our animal feed blowers and power take-off truck systems will perfectly suit any needs of the animal feed sector.
Blower Trucks and Power Take Off Systems
A full choice of blower truck equipment and full torque power take- off systems are offered, and we ensure careful matching to the vehicle’s engine and transmission to achieve the most effective performance from our bulk blowers, together with low noise levels.
- Inlet and outlet silencers are fitted to all bulk animal feed blowers as are inlet filters and pressure relief and non-return valves. Tachometer and engine hand throttle controls are positioned inside the bulk blower truck’s cab
- We offer two types of rotary valve, the drop-through and the semi-blow-through. All castings are of premium quality iron with rotors fabricated from mild steel
- The valve is designed with outrigged self-aligning sealed bearings, and all internal surfaces are machined to close tolerances ensuring minimum air leakage is achieved
- A full-flight centre-feeding auger is fitted within a close fitting trough with all flow plates and angles carefully arranged to ensure as clean a discharge as possible. The auger is directly driven by a low-speed, high-torque hydraulic motor
- Our standard system employs a PTO pump that supplies oil to drive the auger and rotary valve motors and a valve slide ram
- Our power take-off truck systems also feature easy-to-use controls, a twin spool selector valve with detent for rotary valve control and spring return to neutral for hydraulic slide positioning
- The system is specifically designed to allow independent variable speed selection on both rotary valve and auger. As a result of optimum selection of valves and components, only two runs of piping are required through the length of the truck chassis
- An automatic cut off valve is fitted to the rear door to protect the operator when the taildoor is opened
- The air pressure gauge is mounted in the control panel at the rear of the vehicle, housed in an illuminated weatherproof control box
Let us help you find a solution
Interested in finding out more about Animal Feed Solutions?
Speak to our friendly Pneumatic Vehicles Team.